Thursday, March 23, 2017

Read President Trump's Interview With TIME on Truth and Falsehoods


“President Trump spoke with TIME Washington Bureau Chief Michael Scherer on March 22 for a cover story about the way he has handled truth and falsehood in his career.

“This is a transcript of the exchange, with some minor edits. The transcript does not include requests he made of his staff during the interview, or a comment he made after asking to go off the record.”

From News And Guts regarding the Time interview:

President Trump did an interview with TIME magazine about truth and falsehoods (aka lies). We can't say we learned many new things from the interview, but we did want to share this particular answer from Trump. It ends with a statement you'd expect more from a child, rather than the leader of the free world.

Trump: I inherited a mess, I inherited a mess in so many ways. I inherited a mess in the Middle East, and a mess with North Korea, I inherited a mess with jobs, despite the statistics, you know, my statistics are even better, but they are not the real statistics because you have millions of people that can’t get a job, ok. And I inherited a mess on trade. I mean we have many, you can go up and down the ladder. But that’s the story. Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?