Monday, January 9, 2017

Meryl Streep’s Acceptance Speech at Golden Globes for a Lifetime of Notable Work

Meryl Streep is a beautiful woman, and made an outstanding, right-to-the-point speech in accepting a Golden Globe for a lifetime of notable work. Instead of using the time for herself, in 668 words, she expressed one of the most important reasons why I did not vote for Trump and why he will never receive my support. And, "it was effective," because it revealed the true character of the Americans who support and voted for this man; sadly many of them family and friends.

Central to her speech, she said, "There was one performance this year that stunned me. It sank its hooks in my heart. Not because it was good. There was nothing good about it. But it was effective and it did its job. It made its intended audience laugh and show their teeth. It was that moment when the person asking to sit in the most respected seat in our country imitated a disabled reporter, someone he outranked in privilege, power, and the capacity to fight back. It kind of broke my heart when I saw it. I still can't get it out of my head because it wasn't in a movie. It was real life."

“Thank you Meryl for not keeping quiet and using your star power and this global platform to make such a powerful and eloquent statement!”