Sunday, January 22, 2017

Did Not Consent To the Presidency of Donald Trump

People say just give Donald Trump a chance. President Obama said, if he succeeds, America succeeds. But I will not support Donald Trump. If he succeeds in making America great, as he envisions it to be, he will have succeeded in making America all I do not want my country to be.

Now that we have a President Trump, it’s up to us to fight the forces that put him there and the forces that want change so badly that it seems anything is okay as long as it’s a change from what they perceive as wrong in our county. I do not believe they are going to get the change most are expecting.

Heather McGhee, appearing on Bill Maher’s Real Time show on Friday said, it’s a “Test of character for the American people.”

I join with John Pavlovitz in saying, “Let the record show that I did not consent to this.

“And if I prove to be wrong, it will be one of the most joyful errors of my life. I will own these words and if necessary, willingly and gladly admit my misjudgment because it will mean that America is a better and stronger nation, and the world a more peaceful place.

“But right now I don’t see that happening.

“Right now I am worried for my country, concerned for our planet, scared for the future of my children, and greatly saddened that 62 million Americans seem okay with all of this.”





Let the Record Show
JOHN PAVLOVITZ